|Breeder: KWS||Breeder PDF|
|Type: Group 2, Bread and Export||Pedigree: KWS Sterling x Timaru|
- Just starting to see reduced acreages from its heyday but still delivering high feed-level yields with Group 2 bread-making quality and is one of the most consistent and stable varieties tested in the past few years. High untreated yields in Agrii’s trial network and these reflect the variety’s excellent disease profile. Performs well across the UK, up into Yorkshire, but is not suitable for Scotland.
- Sensible length straw and reasonably stiff untreated, but use a robust PGR programme as the yield potential is high.
- KWS Siskin has a very useful set of disease scores for mildew, yellow rust and good resistance to tritici, but just watch brown rust.
- Good grain quality with HFN 286 and specific weight 77.2, but with protein on the lower side 12.6 and like all of the ‘newer generation’ quality wheats the grain protein dilution is inevitable with the higher yields they are producing. However, it will find a home in lower grade milling grists and onto a boat for the export market under ukp.
- Drill in the main window and KWS Siskin appears well adapted to all soil types and performs decently as a second wheat. Average ripening score and not resistant to orange blossom midge.
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.