LG Tapestry - Group 4 Winter Wheat
GROUP 3 (Soft Feed & Potential Distilling)
C4148 X Hurricane
✚ A non-Recommended List soft feed-type
✚ Midge resistant with good overall foliar disease resistance
A high yielding soft feed variety (101% treated, 89% untreated) in Agrii trials and a specific weight similar to LG Skyscraper.
- Although it just missed the AHDB or SRUC Recommended List, it has a very high sustainability rating and achieved a ‘medium’ rating for distilling, but disease resistance might limit interest further north.
- Suitable for all regions excluding areas of high sterility risk and
best grown on heavy soil. Good performance as a second wheat.
- Unsuitable for early drilling but its late drilling performance is good up until the end of January. Its grassweed competitiveness is excellent.
- Medium height (86 cm) and stiff straw (8 treated, 6 untreated) and medium maturity (+1).
- Good disease scores with yellow rust (8.4), brown rust (6.8) and Septoria tritici (6.2), but mildew (4) will require some attention.
- Resistant to orange wheat blossom midge.
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.
Filmed At Bishop Burton, Yorkshire – June 2022
Find an Specialist
We’re here to help your business ambitions. If you have a query about our products, services or see how we could work together, we’d love to hear from you.
Seed Rate Calculator
Use the Agrii Seed Rate Calculator to help you plan your seed requirements and establishment goals. Download instant results to your computer.
Working at Agrii
There are many opportunities at Agrii but how do you know which might be right for you? We'll help you through. Includes Q&A's from people already working for Agrii.
Who We Are
We are a leading provider of agronomy services, technology and strategic advice and provide farmers across the UK with unrivalled expertise and support.
Knowledge exchange is central to what we do, which is why we run events throughout the year for farming businesses. Find out what's coming up.
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent advice to arable growers
Our very own podcast, telling stories and giving updates straight from the field. Listen in as your host, Tony Smith, examines farm life and business issues.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23