Supporting you, from soil to store
Our potato specialists can support you across the breadth of your potato production cycle.
The potato crop is a high value enterprise, whether for seed, fresh ware, processing or export markets.
It requires specialist advice and services to manage the broad range of production challenges from soil to store, to help maximise the return on your investment.
Our potato agronomists are experienced in all aspects of potato production and are supported by a team of knowledgeable regional specialists across a range of disciplines. We have more advisors looking after potatoes than any other organisation in the UK and this includes Research and Development.
We're also a member of The Potato Partnership.
The Potato Partnership
The Potato Partnership seeks to advance our knowledge base in addressing the production challenges of today and the future, building upon many years of in-house and collaborative research.
How we can support you
- Soil conductivity scanning, nutrient management including variable rate prescriptions and sampling for soil pests and diseases.
- Seed health checks, treatment advice, seed rates and store management.
- Proactive management of weeds, pests, diseases and crop nutrition. Assessment of yield and quality to support decisions on haulm destruction and crop lifting.
- Our 230+ strong weather station network provides near real-time weather, disease and pest forecasts. We also offer soil moisture monitoring for irrigation scheduling.
- We operate from several bases across the UK with 37 self-propelled sprayers. Contact your local Agrii agronomist for further details.
- Including monitoring of crop quality in store and advice on sprout suppression.
Key Areas of Development
- Novel approaches to wireworm and control of soil pests.
- Foliar disease management – alternatives to mancozeb.
- Blackleg control – use of novel products to minimise disease.
- New herbicide development.
- Improving Nutrient Use Efficiency (NUE) – development of real-time nutrient sensors.
- Seed treatments for disease control.
Agrii specialists are equipped with the most up-to-date research and the best fertiliser productsLearn More
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent adviceLearn More
Research & Development
Learn about our latest research & development so you can feel confident about todays farming challenges.Discover
Find a Specialist
We’re here to help your business ambitions. If you have a query about our products, services or see how we could work together, we’d love to hear from you.
Seed Rate Calculator
Use the Agrii Seed Rate Calculator to help you plan your seed requirements and establishment goals. Download instant results to your computer.
Working at Agrii
There are many opportunities at Agrii but how do you know which might be right for you? We'll help you through. Includes Q&A's from people already working for Agrii.
Knowledge exchange is central to what we do, which is why we run events throughout the year for farming businesses. Find out what's coming up.
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent advice to arable growers
Our very own podcast, telling stories and giving updates straight from the field. Listen in as your host, Tony Smith, examines farm life and business issues.
Join Our Community
We love engaging with clients and partners. Give us a follow and let's share stories for the community.
A picture paints a thousand words. Follow us on Instagram to see what we are up to.
Stay In Touch
Receive a monthly email update on topical news and information from around Agrii and UK Farming.
Listen To Our Podcasts
Listen to the Tramlines Podcast. Fortnightly chat about agriculture and trials with your host Tony Smith.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23
From the fields
Find leading products for all your crop, livestock, and equipment needs