How we can help your biogas enterprise:
- Provision of SEED, NUTRITION and CROP PROTECTION products
- Provision of silage and slurry ADDITIVES and advice and data on their best use
- Services to improve SOIL HEALTH and target nutrition
- Information and data on maximising GAS YIELD per hectare
- Advice on increasing the SUSTAINABILITY and resilience of your business
- FEEDSTOCK crop selection and management advice based on R&D
Focus on: HYBRID RYE
- Utilising data from our Brotherton iFarm site, Agrii can advise on best practice recommendations for both variety choice and crop management in hybrid rye.
- Hybrid rye is an increasingly popular choice for improving the performance of anaerobic digestion plants.
- It is a useful substrate all year round and can be used to balance the high productivity of energy beet or maize substrates, providing an alternative nutrient source for the bacteria in the digester and stabilising gas output.
- When used alongside maize, rye has a synergistic effect in the biogas plant, by increasing methane yield and reducing retention time.
CASE STUDY: Agrii Brotherton iFarm
20 miles east of Leeds, Agrii’s Brotherton iFarm is home to an extensive Agrii R&D trials facility, which focuses primarily on hybrid rye, forage rye, winter wheat, triticale and also maize.
The trials are specifically designed to supply leading technical management recommendations as well as screening many new genetic lines on an annual basis.
In addition to collating the UK’s leading detailed agronomic data, we are also able to gain in-depth methane production analysis from the 500kW AD plant that is based at the iFarm.
Throughout the year, iFarm events and tours take place at the site to demonstrate the most up to date developments which can range from information on drilling date, seed rates and variety traits to input programmes.
Feedstock and digestate additives
DIGEST-IT® is a biological slurry and digestate additive designed to increase nutrient recovery while reducing ammonia emissions
SILO-KING® is a forage additive used to help growers retain greater quantity, reduce dry matter losses in storage and provide greater feed efficiency to livestock and gas production.
We’re here to help your business ambitions. See how we could work together, we’d love to hear from you.Let's Talk
The UK’s most comprehensive arable production resource for meeting farm objectivesGet Advice
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent adviceLearn More
Join Our Community
We love engaging with clients and partners. Give us a follow and let's share stories for the community.
A picture paints a thousand words. Follow us on Instagram to see what we are up to.
Follow us on the worlds biggest social media site for the latest news and events straight to your feed.
Stay In Touch
Receive email updates on topical news and information from around Agrii and UK Farming.
Listen To Our Podcasts
Listen to the Tramlines Podcast. Fortnightly chat about agriculture and trials with your host Tony Smith.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23
From the Experts
Tap into professional knowledge to move your business to the next level