Skyfall - Group 1 Winter Wheat
GROUP 1 (Bread & Feed)
C4148 X Hurricane
✚ High yields and excellent drilling date flexibility
✚ Stiff straw and reasonable Septoria tritici resistance
Remains one of the biggest varieties in Agrii seed production due to its consistent performance, late-drill flexibility, stiff straw, early maturity and access to end markets.
Widely accepted by UK millers and often finds its way into export cargos.
- Grain quality also very useful with Hagberg Falling Number 290, specific weight 79.2 kg/hl and protein content 13.1%.
- Suitable for all areas (including Scotland) and soil types, yielding well on heavy land and equally adept on lighter soils.
- Best drilled from the last week of September onwards and it can be drilled right through to the end of the first week in March.
- A lower tillering variety so seed rates need to be increased but it remains very competitive against grassweeds. Short, relatively stiff-strawed (7) (8) and early to mature (0). Watch for potential sprouting and prioritise harvesting accordingly.
- It has a good disease package but watch yellow rust (2.9) (3.0).
It has ratings of 6 for mildew, brown rust (9) (9), Septoria tritici (5.4) (5.9) and eyespot resistance (6) as Skyfall carries the Pch1 resistance gene.
- Acceptable performance as a second wheat and resistant to ear
blight (7) and orange wheat blossom midge. Its VSR rating has
been downgraded this year due entirely to its very low yellow
Numbers in red – Agrii Advisory List data.
Numbers in black – AHDB Recommended List data
A national view of Skyfall | Filmed At Throws Farm, Essex – June 2021
For growers in the North of England/Scotland | Filmed At Bishop Burton, Yorkshire – June 2022
Find an Expert
We’re here to help your business ambitions. If you have a query about our products, services or see how we could work together, we’d love to hear from you.
Seed Rate Calculator
Use the Agrii Seed Rate Calculator to help you plan your seed requirements and establishment goals. Download instant results to your computer.
Working at Agrii
There are many opportunities at Agrii but how do you know which might be right for you? We'll help you through. Includes Q&A's from people already working for Agrii.
Who We Are
We are a leading provider of agronomy services, technology and strategic advice and provide farmers across the UK with unrivalled expertise and support.
Knowledge exchange is central to what we do, which is why we run events throughout the year for farming businesses. Find out what's coming up.
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent advice to arable growers
Our very own podcast, telling stories and giving updates straight from the field. Listen in as your host, Tony Smith, examines farm life and business issues.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23