Fitzroy - Group 4 Winter Wheat
Secobra, France, UK Agent: Agrii
GROUP 4 (Hard Feed)
Evolution x Stigg
✚ A new non-Recommended List hard feed wheat with consistently high yields.
✚ Outstanding foliar disease resistance.
- Another variety not included on the Recommended List, but with
plenty to offer. This hard feed variety has performed very well in
Agrii trials over the past three years with high yields (104% treated, 96% untreated).
- Grain quality is average with specific weight 76.0 kg/hl.
- It should be considered as an alternative to Theodore in the West with similar Septoria resistance but a much improved specific weight.
- Suitable across the UK excluding areas of high sterility risk, but likely to be mainly grown in the West.
- Unsuitable for early drilling but can be drilled through to the end of January and is an acceptable second wheat choice.
- Tall (90 cm) but decently stiff straw (7 treated, 6 untreated), average competitiveness against grassweeds and later
- An excellent set of disease scores with mildew (6.4) yellow rust (8.1), brown rust (7.4) and Septoria tritici (7.4).
- It appears to be susceptible to fusarium ear blight and not resistant to orange wheat blossom midge.
Numbers in red – Agrii Advisory List data.
Numbers in black – AHDB Recommended List data
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.
Fitzroy | Filmed at Throws Farm, Essex – June 2021
Find an Specialist
We’re here to help your business ambitions. If you have a query about our products, services or see how we could work together, we’d love to hear from you.
Seed Rate Calculator
Use the Agrii Seed Rate Calculator to help you plan your seed requirements and establishment goals. Download instant results to your computer.
Working at Agrii
There are many opportunities at Agrii but how do you know which might be right for you? We'll help you through. Includes Q&A's from people already working for Agrii.
Who We Are
We are a leading provider of agronomy services, technology and strategic advice and provide farmers across the UK with unrivalled expertise and support.
Knowledge exchange is central to what we do, which is why we run events throughout the year for farming businesses. Find out what's coming up.
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent advice to arable growers
Our very own podcast, telling stories and giving updates straight from the field. Listen in as your host, Tony Smith, examines farm life and business issues.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23