Industry Leading Fruit agronomy and logistical support
Meet the exacting standards demanded by the marketplace
Agrii serves a wide range of businesses in the horticultural sector. Our products and services help fruit, vegetable and salad growers and nurserymen to meet the exacting standards demanded by the marketplace.
Agrii’s Horticulture Agronomists don’t just advise on the best crop protection treatments, they can help with a wide range of agronomy, regulatory, environmental and budgeting requirements that today’s growers demand.
Fruit crop R&D that delivers practical results
With their knowledge of integrated agronomy, Agrii’s Horticulture Agronomists provide strategic advice, such as variety choice, planting systems and crop management. Strategy is regularly reviewed to ensure crops and enterprises are on course to provide the best potential returns.
By closely monitoring specific crop characteristics, Agrii Agronomists can ensure correct application of inputs, to both grow for profit and meet regulatory requirements.
Agrii adopt various monitoring techniques, for example:
- Disease modelling, using Agrii’s own ADCON weather stations strategically placed on a number of holdings, forewarns of diseases like apple scab and so enables accurate assessment of fungicide needs – product, dose and timing
- Soil analysis assesses nutritional requirements as well as detection of problems such as verticillium wilt in strawberries
- Leaf tissue analysis, from early leaf development to picking, also enables nutritional needs to be properly met
- Fruit analysis determines calcium levels in top fruit – important for storage suitability
Click on the links below to read the latest ProAct bulletins:
- Vines – Frost protection and quality enhancements for grape vines
- Apples – Yield and quality enhancement for apples
- Cherries – Yield and quality enhancement for cherries
- Strawberries – Yield and quality enhancement for strawberries
For More Information
For further information regarding our Horticulture services, please use the ‘Ask us a question’ facility on this website to find out more.