Grow Your Own Way at Agrii
Our commitment to a sustainable future
Back In 2016, we launched the Agrii iq training programme, which we believe is an industry leading initiative to support new talent in Agriculture and equip agronomists with the skills they need to help farmers and growers succeed.
Between 2016 and 2023, 60 Trainee Agronomists have started their iq journey on the ‘educate’ programme with many of them now successful Agronomists.
Your Training Journey:
- iq Establish – You will begin your journey entering the Establish programme, where you will be provided with the practical and theoretical training to support you to gain your BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection & FACTS qualifications.
- iq Enhance – Enhance involves a number of elements that will combine and add real value to you and your role as a qualified agronomist. Covering both practical and classroom based training, led by experts in their field.
- Additional Modules - You will also receive comprehensive and professional Business training which will be complimented by regular Development Workshops. These will ensure you are equipped with the necessary skills & tools to build your own successful agronomic portfolio. You will also explore more in depth modules such as Soils and Seed & Genetics to further develop your knowledge and expertise.
We are always keen to meet individuals who can show their ability and dedication to develop into a successful Agronomist, with the support of the UK’s market leading Agronomy business.
Our training commitment to you is not time limited. We will allow you to grow and develop at your own pace, ensuring that you have a thorough understanding of the many aspects a modern Agronomist requires, in order to support the modern farmer.
What we offer
- A coordinated programme of induction
- Training & development as part of the iq programme
- Mentorship with established agronomists
- An exciting future with the leading UK agronomy company
- Career development within Agrii, or possibly with our parent company Origin Enterprises
What we look for in applicants
- Drive and commitment – a ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to go the extra mile for our customers
- Someone who has a passion for food production be it arable, vegetable, fruit, or forage crops
- Someone that has an awareness of the need to develop their own agronomy portfolio, based on building relationships with growers
- An excellent communicator and team player – but capable of maintaining a high level of motivation when working alone
- Someone who recognises modern agronomy entails far more than the use of pesticides
- BASIS and FACTS an advantage (although training is provided)
- Previous practical experience would be an advantage
In their own words
DOWNLOAD: More information about Agrii IQ
Who We Are
Our expertise is deep and varied because we built Agrii by combining specialised companies over the last 30 yearsOverview of Agrii
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent adviceLearn More
iFarms & Tech Centres
Agrii iFarms and Technology Centres are a network of farm Research and Development sites across the UKFind A Site
Join Tony Smith, telling stories and giving updates straight from the field as he examines farm life and business issuesListen Now
If you are interested in tours, shows, product demos or training. Explore our upcoming eventsGet Involved
Join Our Community
We love engaging with clients and partners. Give us a follow and let's share stories for the community.
A picture paints a thousand words. Follow us on Instagram to see what we are up to.
Follow us on the worlds biggest social media site for the latest news and events straight to your feed.
Stay In Touch
Receive email updates on topical news and information from around Agrii and UK Farming.
Listen To Our Podcasts
Listen to the Tramlines Podcast. Fortnightly chat about agriculture and trials with your host Tony Smith.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23
From the Experts
Tap into professional knowledge to move your business to the next level