Care and Quality
The need for quality in food production has never been greater. Agriculture is coming under increasing scrutiny and pressure to farm with the highest regard for the environment, and to produce food, of better quality, more safely and less expensively.
Agrii recognises that it is vital we meet the highest performance standards to achieve these goals.
Agrii currently supports the goals of the Voluntary Initiative. Our approach aims to ensure best crop production practice that also protects or enhances the environment.
At Agrii we:
- Assess pesticide needs and environmental risks at all stages of devising crop production programmes
- Provide and work to some of the most up to date and comprehensive safe spraying advice on buffer zones and LERAP’s
- Make absolutely sure a treatment is really needed, by monitoring crops to ensure treatments are appropriate to spray thresholds and individual field needs
- Adjust advice if necessary, if weather conditions delay actions, to avoid risks to water and wildlife from inappropriate applications
- Train and advise to the NRoSO standards to ensure spraying practices are correctly and safely conducted
For more information on the Voluntary Initiative visit www.voluntaryinitiative.org.uk