Trainee / Development Agronomists
Agrii’s commitment to agricultures future
In 2016, Agrii launched the iq training programme, which we believe is an industry leading initiative to support new talent in Agriculture. You will begin your journey entering the Establish programme, where you will be provided with the practical and theoretical training to support you to gain your BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection & FACTS qualifications.
Following this you will embark on the Enhance programme. Enhance involves a number of elements that will combine and add real value to you and your role as a qualified agronomist. Covering both practical and classroom based training, led by experts in their field.
You will also receive comprehensive and professional Business training which will be complimented by regular Development Workshops. These will ensure you are equipped with the necessary skills & tools to build your own successful agronomic portfolio.
- iq Establish – “Thank you very much for all your help, support training and guidance throughout the process, it’s truly appreciated. Thanks must also go to the trainers for their efforts and time in getting us all through the exam.”
- iq Establish – “I’m sure everyone will back me up on this, but I don’t think we could have done it without all of the support from everyone on the iq training program, I’m just glad we have done you proud.”
- Agronomy Module: Seed & Genetics – “The content was pitched at the right level. To be able to talk more in depth to farmers about seed genetics and production will help when selling seed and will also set me apart from competitors.”
We are always keen to meet individuals who can show their ability and dedication to develop into a successful Agronomist, with the support of the UK’s market leading Agronomy business.
Our training commitment to you is not time limited. We will allow you to grow and develop at your own pace, ensuring that you have a thorough understanding of the many aspects a modern Agronomist requires, in order to support the modern farmer.
What can Agrii offer?
In the last 3 years we have taken on more than 30 new joiners, all looking to develop a successful career in various aspects of Agronomy Advice and also areas such as Research & Development, Soil, Nutrition, Seed, Conservation and Environmental Protection.
- A coordinated programme of induction
- Training & development as part of the iq programme
- Mentorship with established agronomists
- An exciting future with the leading UK agronomy company
- Career development within Agrii, or possibly with our parent company Origin Enterprises
We look for:
- Drive and commitment – a ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to go the extra mile for our customers
- Someone who has a passion for food production be it arable, vegetable, fruit, or forage crops
- Someone that has an awareness of the need to develop their own agronomy portfolio, based on building relationships with growers
- An excellent communicator and team player – but capable of maintaining a high level of motivation when working alone
- Someone who recognises modern agronomy entails far more than the use of pesticides
- BASIS and FACTS an advantage (although training is provided)
- Previous practical experience would be an advantage