One of the highest yielding spring barley varieties on the UK Recommended List (105% treated, 94% untreated) with a significant performance advantage over Laureate in the East (+3%) and West (+2%).
- It is now fully approved for brewing by the MBC and buy-back contracts are available for harvest 2024.
- It has performed at a similarly high level in Agrii trials over the past three years (104% treated, 83% untreated).
- It has one of the highest specific weights (69.4 kg/hl) of any spring barley, even higher than that of RGT Planet, combined with low screening losses.
- Suitable for all regions and soil types. Excellent agronomic characteristics with medium height (75 cm), reasonably stiff straw, average lodging (6) and brackling resistance (6) and medium maturity.
- Good disease package with a very high resistance to mildew (9) and Rhynchosporium (7) but it is susceptible to brown rust (4) and moderately susceptible to net blotch.
- As a result It has given high untreated yields in both Agrii and official results.
- Direct drill farm trials across 6 sites in 2022 in the South showed good performance compared with RGT Planet.
- Grain quality improvements were seen and an average yield advantage of 0.6 t/ha was recorded.
Pedigree: RGT Planet x NOS 2105-11
The data presented here is a partial abstraction from the AHDB Recommended List. The complete data set is available on the AHDB website here
Further information from the breeder can be found here
Join Our Community
We love engaging with clients and partners. Give us a follow and let's share stories for the community.
A picture paints a thousand words. Follow us on Instagram to see what we are up to.
Stay In Touch
Receive a monthly email update on topical news and information from around Agrii and UK Farming.
Listen To Our Podcasts
Listen to the Tramlines Podcast. Fortnightly chat about agriculture and trials with your host Tony Smith.
Seed Rate Calculator
Use our Seed Rate Calculator to help you plan your seed requirements and establishment goalsSeed Rate Calculator
Making the right selling decisions at the right time is essential for every growerMaximise Margins
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23