|Breeder: RAGT Seeds Ltd||Download pdf|
|Type: Brewing, Feed & Export||Pedigree: Tamtam x Concerto|
- Planet remains a major variety in the UK, particularly in England, accounting for about 35% of all the seed certified in England and 9% in Scotland. Growers are using it on buy back contracts and as a straight feed variety. It is widely accepted by end users across the whole of Europe after the early acceptance by the MBC (Malting Barley Committee), CBMO and Heineken.
- Suitable for all regions of the UK, it is consistent across soil types and relatively straightforward to manage. Fully approved for the brewing market it has displayed consistent yield performance over the years (102% treated, 91% untreated in Agrii trials) with a decent specific weight (67.8 kg/hl in AHDB trials).
- Medium height (73 cm), moderately stiff straw (7), good brackling resistance (7) and medium-early maturity. It produces intermediate straw yields.
- High untreated yields reflect the good all-round disease resistance, with excellent mildew resistance (9) but average on brown rust (5) and Rhynchosporium (5). It is moderately resistant to net blotch in Agrii’s trials.
- Further information from the breeder can be found here
- The data presented here is a partial abstraction from the AHDB Recommended List. The complete data set is available on the AHDB website here