HEAR Oilseed Rape
|Breeder: Various||Printable PDF|
|Region: UK WIDE||Type: High Erucic Acid Hybrid|
- Remains the leading high erucic acid variety in Agrii’s portfolio. It is quick to establish and grow in the spring to make the most of field conditions. It is a medium-tall variety (159 cm) and has excellent stem stiffness (7) and lodging resistance (8). Relatively early to flower (6) and mature (6). Relatively weak on Light Leaf Spot (4) so this need to be managed carefully.
- Breeder: KWS UK
- has proven attractive in the North for its vigorous growth habit and improved Light Leaf Spot resistance (7) and early maturity. Suitable for all soil types and best drilled in the main drilling window. Medium height but it requires a robust PGR programme as it has only moderate stem stiffness. Average Phoma/Stem Canker resistance so monitor for this disease and spray as appropriate.
- Breeder: Phycomat, France; UK Agent: Premium Crops Ltd
- A new variety with yields to-date ahead of Palmedor. Stiff and relatively early. It also has a high oil content and high Erucic Acid content. Disease resistance is similar to Palmedor.
- Breeder: LS Plant Breeding UK