|Breeder: Elsoms Seeds||Breeder PDF|
|Type: Group 4, Hard Feed||Pedigree: (Alchemy x Hereford) x Shepherd|
- Not the highest yielding variety on the Recommended List but it has been very consistent in Agrii trials and yielding well across the Regions – however not suitable for Scotland.
- A taller variety with stiff straw untreated and very nice grain for a feed wheat with HFN 229 and specific weight 76.9.
- Disease scores are generally good for mildew, tritici, but watch both yellow rust and brown rust.
- Dunston has the Pch1 gene so is good for eyespot and indeed has yielded well as a second wheat in both AHDB and Agrii data, plus yielding well across soil types.
- Not resistant to orange wheat blossom midge.
- This variety has also done very well in the Agrii crop competition work where it boxes above its weight in yield and is classed as highly competitive.
- One of several Hereford crosses succumbing to yellow rust now which is a real pity as this variety has much to offer.
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.