|Breeder: Syngenta||Breeder PDF|
|Type: Group 4, Hard Feed||Pedigree: (Hereford x Oakley) x Hereford|
- Stormed on to the Recommended list and a bit of a dark horse! However, it is the highest yielding wheat on the list along with LG Skyscraper.
- Grain quality good with HFN 265 and specific weight 78.3.
- Straw length is relatively tall and not particularly stiff so a decent pgr regime will be needed to optimise the high yield potential.
- Disease scores are a bit of a mixed bag against mildew, yellow rust and brown rust, but good tritici.
- Average maturity and is resistant to orange wheat blossom midge.
- Limited data suggests it is only average as a second wheat, but whilst it yields well on heavy soil, it really appears to excel on light soil.
- So one to watch, but the slight downside is that it is a Hereford cross which is already starting to break to yellow rust, so one would need to be careful…
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.