|Breeder: KWS UK||Breeder PDF|
|Type: Group 2, Milling, Feed, Export||Pedigree: Boisseau x Solheio|
- From their French Momont programme, this group 2 variety clearly has a different parental background, which currently scores a very strong tritici resistance, yellow rust and brown rust, with subsequently very high untreated yields – now that is a strong package!
- Grain quality scores good with HFN 297, specific weight 78.4, but with lower protein 12.6, however with provisional ukp it will be very marketable.
- With relatively stiff straw untreated and early to mature.
- KWS Extase appears to be well adapted across soil types but particularly useful (limited data) on light soils. In addition, there is every indication that it performs fine as a second wheat.
- However, it is a fast developing variety that is best drilled from last week September onwards through to the end of January. It is not suitable for early drilling.
- Not resistant to orange wheat blossom midge.
- A very nice variety which will take a significant share of the market going forward….
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.