Better performance from Farm Saved Seed
Farm saved seed is an integral part of many farm businesses. Currently, approximately 45% of cereal seed planted is processed on farm.
Our team of farm saved seed specialists and agronomists can help you to identify the most suitable fields and crops for farm saving.
Our Farm Saved Seed business processes over 50,000 tonnes of seed via a nationwide fleet of modern, high capacity mobiles, incorporating modern batch treaters which ensure an accurate and even chemical application of today’s seed treatment products.
In addition to seed treatment and nutritional solutions, we offer comprehensive advice around varieties, drill dates and seed rates backed up by results through our nationwide network of iFarms and R&D sites.
Farm saving should be a planned approach and in conjunction with certified seed. Our permanent, qualified staff ensure our on-farm service applies the same attention to detail and professionalism as our certified seed plants.
What Makes Agrii Farm Saved Seed Different?
- Our nationwide fleet of Mobile Seed Processors are operated by full time, experienced and qualified staff.
- Our staff are co-ordinated locally by experienced BASIS-trained professionals to give you the best possible service and advice.
- Our comprehensive range of seed treatments can be tailored to your individual needs.
- We use a roller bed system allowing safe production.
- Batch treaters highly maintained and monitored by CN Processing and Pro-Seed'.
- A range of cleaning and advanced seed treatment options to enhance the quality and marketability of your grain.
All of this coupled with the benefits of farm saving your seed, which include:
- Known provenance of your seed
- Seed cost savings and cash flow benefits
- Flexibility around quantities and treatments
- The thousand grain weight of your seed
Intro to Farm Saved Seed
Want to enhance the marketability of your crop?
Our mobile bulk-cleaning machines are fully self-contained with its own on board generator and high capacity rotary cleaner and grader.
They provide a very economical on-farm cleaning solution to most contaminant problems in combinable crops.
- Handles all combinable crops
- Premiums gained on cleaned samples
- Cleaned samples can be treated for pests during process
- 20 tonnes + per hour capacity
In some cases e.g. poor quality malting barley’s we can improve the quality from feed grade, back to malting specification. You retain valuable screenings which in most cases can be fed or sold.
We offer three different cleaning systems:-
- Bulk Rotary Cleaning
Cleans and grades all combinable crops whilst leaving valuable screenings on farm. (throughput for wheat, approx. 20-25 tonnes per hour)
- Bulk Colour Separation
Screening and precise digital colour separation of contaminants. Primarily used for ergot removal from cereals and cleaning discoloured peas and beans.
(throughput for wheat, approx. 12 tonnes per hour)
- Modified Gravity Cleaning
For speciality cleaning, e.g. organics, linseed for oil, ahiflower seed, millet etc. (throughput 2–5 tonnes per hour, for wheat, approx. 8-10 tonnes per hour)
All our cleaning machines are hired by the hour and are supplied with experienced and fully qualified operators
Our colour separator uses light refraction and compressed air to remove unwanted contaminants with minimal screenings difficult to remove using conventional cleaners.
Digital colour separation is particularly suitable and effective for ergot removal in your wheat, barley, oats and triticale crop. It is also effective for the removal of wild oats, sterile brome, pink tinted fusarium infected seed and other contaminants which are a different colour from your grain or pulses.
Why Choose Digital Colour Separation?
- Enhance your crop value
- Avoid costly crop penalties and additional haulage charges
- Pre cleaning and seed treatment available as part of the process
10 tonnes + per hour capacity
Farm Manager, Richard Cobbald - Why I choose Agrii
Lab Testing Services
Agrii Farm Saved Seed provide lab testing either in-house or via NIAB laboratories.
- TZ viability (test result in 2 days)
- Thousand grain weight
- Full cereal, pulse and oilseed rape test packages available
- Wheat: fusarium, Septoria and bunt
- Barley: Leaf stripe, loose smut, net blotch
Here’s what you can expect as standard from Agrii:
- Significant seed input savings
- Improved cash flow at critical time of the year
- Seed produced to your specific requirement and standard
- Seed available on time for optimum drilling dates
- TGW testing at point of processing for greatest flexibility around quantities
- Comprehensive lab test offer
- Fully qualified, experienced operators
- Bayer approved and tested seed treatment applicators
- Comprehensive seed treatment offering – tailored to your specific requirements
- Many operators BASIS trained for advising on the use of seed treatments
- A complete focus on the Health & Safety of our staff and yours at all times
Farm Saved Seed FAQ's
Have a question about Farm Saved Seed? Take a look at common queries from the BSPBPopular Queries
We’re here to help your business ambitions. See how we could work together, we’d love to hear from you.Let's Talk
The highest quality seed offerings, formulated from a science based, sustainable productionAgrii Seeds
Seed Rate Calculator
Use our Seed Rate Calculator to help you plan your seed requirements and establishment goalsSeed Rate Calculator
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent adviceLearn More
Join Our Community
We love engaging with clients and partners. Give us a follow and let's share stories for the community.
A picture paints a thousand words. Follow us on Instagram to see what we are up to.
Follow us on the worlds biggest social media site for the latest news and events straight to your feed.
Stay In Touch
Receive email updates on topical news and information from around Agrii and UK Farming.
Listen To Our Podcasts
Listen to the Tramlines Podcast. Fortnightly chat about agriculture and trials with your host Tony Smith.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23
From the fields
Find leading products for all your crop, livestock, and equipment needs