Aardvark Winter Oilseed Rape
✚ High gross output conventional variety
✚ Very rapid spring regrowth to help reduce cabbage stem flea
beetle larval damage
- Selected four years ago specifically for its ability to grow vigorously in the autumn and quickly away in the spring.
- This type of growth habit has proven to be the most effective way to cope with cabbage stem flea beetle larval infestations.
- Consistently high yields (100% treated, 91% untreated, 45.1% oil) in our trials and excellent feedback on its on-farm performance.
- Suitable for all areas of the UK and all soils including more fertile sites.
- Suits the main drilling window through to the end of the first week of September depending on soil conditions. Medium height (148cm), excellent stem stiffness (8) and slightly later maturity (4).
- Good disease resistance against light leaf spot (9) and phoma/stem canker (6) and average tolerance of Verticillium stem stripe (5).
- Unlike Amarone, it does not carry the TuYV resistance trait.
Numbers in red – Agrii Advisory List data.
Numbers in black – AHDB Recommended List
Find an Specialist
We’re here to help your business ambitions. If you have a query about our products, services or see how we could work together, we’d love to hear from you.
Seed Rate Calculator
Use the Agrii Seed Rate Calculator to help you plan your seed requirements and establishment goals. Download instant results to your computer.
Working at Agrii
There are many opportunities at Agrii but how do you know which might be right for you? We'll help you through. Includes Q&A's from people already working for Agrii.
Who We Are
We are a leading provider of agronomy services, technology and strategic advice and provide farmers across the UK with unrivalled expertise and support.
Knowledge exchange is central to what we do, which is why we run events throughout the year for farming businesses. Find out what's coming up.
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent advice to arable growers
Our very own podcast, telling stories and giving updates straight from the field. Listen in as your host, Tony Smith, examines farm life and business issues.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23