The vegetable seed enhancement service we provide, through continuing research and trials, enables growers to ensure uniform plant establishment, promotes early growth, and maximizes efficacy.
We are delighted to be a trusted partner to our customers and contribute to sustainable agricultural practices.
Vegetable Seed Enhancement (VSE)
- Agrii VSE is a new facility based at our Throws Farm Technology Centre in Essex. It allows high value vegetable seed to be treated with the greatest precision, temperature and moisture-control care, for the best seed quality and protection.
- Currently we are working with onions, carrots, parsnips, leek, spinach and lettuce. Although we have the capacity to work on other crop species.
- Treatments provided include biologicals, biostimulants, nutrition and various their combinations– all targeted at enhancing seed establishment.
- The Agrii VSE business acts as a third-party processor operating on behalf of seed houses. Besides, we can provide services directly to growers.
- For more information on how to order, please contact your local seed house or for more information on specific treatments, the VSE Manager Kateryna Prilutska.
Vegetable Seed Enhancement Services
Coming Soon: Services in Development
Research and explore innovative alternatives
The Agrii VSE team is continually assessing and investigating the range of biological and nutritional options available for vegetable seed treatments to select only those proven to provide benefit to the seed in its early growth stages – enhancing speed of emergence early vigour and establishment.
The Process: From Research to Product
The environment is at the heart of Agrii VSE
VSE business based on the growing importance of environmental sustainability in the UK field vegetable market and follow the principles of Agrii’s Green Horizons Initiative.
- Treated seed is packaged in durable paper bags
- Our aim is to provide our customers with an environmentally responsible and sustainable option for treating vegetable seed:
- All of our treatments and packaging are microplastic-free.
- We use naturally-derived polymers with non-microplastic pigment colourings for better field visibility.
- Our range focuses on biosolutions, and we use Agrii’s R&D trials expertise to screen the many forms of biological treatment available, only taking on those that actually work.
" Our aim is to deliver the highest quality treatments to a range of vegetable seed, supported by our R&D, and ensuring that our customers have an environmentally responsible and sustainable option.”
Lee Robinson, Agrii Executive Director of Seed
We’re here to help your business ambitions. See how we could work together, we’d love to hear from you.Let's Talk
The highest quality seed offerings, formulated from a science based, sustainable productionAgrii Seeds
Seed Rate Calculator
Use our Seed Rate Calculator to help you plan your seed requirements and establishment goalsSeed Rate Calculator
We are the UK’s leading agronomy company, with more than 300 BASIS-trained consultants offering independent adviceLearn More
Join Our Community
We love engaging with clients and partners. Give us a follow and let's share stories for the community.
A picture paints a thousand words. Follow us on Instagram to see what we are up to.
Follow us on the worlds biggest social media site for the latest news and events straight to your feed.
Stay In Touch
Receive email updates on topical news and information from around Agrii and UK Farming.
Listen To Our Podcasts
Listen to the Tramlines Podcast. Fortnightly chat about agriculture and trials with your host Tony Smith.
News - 07/12/23‘The field of the future’: The Digital Technology Farms
We have launched an innovative new project involving the use of several connected technologies that can be used to make agronomic decisions at field scale throughout the growing season.
News - 23/02/24
Ambitious for the Future of Farming
News - 22/12/23
A Christmas tribute to the UK’s farmers…
News - 19/12/23
Veg trials show yield benefit of Agrii-Start Release
News - 12/12/23
Launching Our Sustainable Future: A New Chapter For Green Horizons
News - 04/12/23
From the fields
Find leading products for all your crop, livestock, and equipment needs