Payroll & Expenses Clerk
The Payroll and Expenses Clerk will focus primarily on the smooth running of the Selenity expenses process from start to finish, ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of employee expense payments. Supporting users with systems training and queries, as well as completing required checks to comply with employment legislation.
Working closely with the Payroll Administrator to process the monthly payrolls and any related reporting and recordkeeping.
Acting as a point of contact for employee and third-party queries, providing a high level of customer service.
- Process employee expenses payments
- Review and analyse expense submissions to ensure compliance to both company policy and legislation
- Generate monthly expense reports and complete analysis as required by the business
- Management of company credit cards, dealing with limit changes, new cards and cancellations
- Manage and maintain the expenses and mileage systems
- Provide training and support to employee’s in relation to the expenses and mileage systems
- Assist with data input and processing of the monthly payrolls
- Provide support with the month-end payroll processes and reporting as required, including journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of the email inboxes
- Dealing with employee queries promptly and professionally
- Create standard operating procedures for key tasks, keeping documentation up to date and accurate
- Protect the confidentiality of employee information and compliance with GDPR
- Create and maintain good working relationships with other departments and managers within the company, the HR team in particular
- Any other duties as defined by the Payroll Manager
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Highly analytical and deadline-driven
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Superb organisation and time management
- Good understanding of HMRC employment and payroll legislation
- Capable of working to fixed deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional and personable manner
- Ability to follow set procedures and guidelines
For further information or for a copy of the full job description, please email email@example.com.