|Breeder: Senova||Printable PDF|
|Type: 2-row Feed||Pedigree: 207-589 x Sandra|
- High treated (104%) and untreated (83%) yields and bold grain (66 kg/hl) in Agrii’s two Northern trials last year. It sits mid-table on the UK Recommended List with consistent performance across the UK. In spite of average yields its appeal comes from it good agronomic characteristics.
- Suitable for all regions with particular appeal in the North due to its good mildew resistance. Its grassweed competitiveness is still being evaluated. The evidence form official trials suggests that it is consistent across soil types.
- Similar straw characteristics to KWS Orwell with average height (85 cm treated, 88 cm untreated) and very stiff (8). Also slightly earlier to mature (-1) than KWS Orwell.
- Good resistance to Mildew (6), Brown Rust (8.5) and Net Blotch (6) in Agrii trials and an official rating of 6 for Rhynchosporium gives it a much better disease profile compared with the market leader, KWS Orwell. In spite of its good disease ratings Valerie showed a big response to fungicide inputs in 2019 Northern trials.
- Resistant to Barley Yellow Mosaic Virus.