Spring Oilseed Rape
Builder and Dodger (Breeder: Bayer CropScience)
- Both hybrids have high gross output with Builder having marginally higher oil content and maybe slightly earlier than Dodger.
- Both have also been in the market for a couple of years.
- Relatively early to mature and short strawed.
Mirakel, Doktrin and Lumen(Breeder: DSV)
- Mirakel is the highest gross output vhariety on the 2017 Descriptive List. It has been in the market a couple of years and is slightly earlier than Doktrin, from the same breeder. Doktrin is slightly shorter in the straw. Gross output figures have been comparable with the Bayer lines.
- Lumen is new for 2018. Very high gross output, high oil and good straw characteristics.
Tamarin (Breeder: Senova)
- The main conventional variety in the market. Tamarin is the earliest variety available, an important characteristic for those trying to get
harvest as close as possible to a winter crop.
- Short and stiff strawed.
WHAT IS SEED VIGOUR?
- The ability of the seedling to survive and grow under stressful conditions such as wet, dry, cold, compacted soil or generally less than idealconditions. We know for a fact that good germination does not necessarily equate to good vigour, but good vigour scores do equate to good establishment.
- Most importantly, use vigour selected seed. All spring rape seed stocks sold by Agrii have been tested for vigour and carry the ‘Vigour tested’ logo. The Agrii vigour test is unique to Agrii and associated businesses.
For more information, speak to your Agrii agronomist or call your local seed contact here