|Breeder: RAGT||Printable PDF|
|Type: Group 4, Hard Feed||Pedigree: Kielder x Relay|
- Missed recommendation by a small margin, but still under evaluation by Agrii R&D.
- It is an interesting cross including Relay, which was a very useful stalwart as a variety and indications are RGT Lantern should be a very useful second wheat.
- Medium length straw and reasonably stiff but use a decent pgr programme to optimise the yield potential.
- Grain quality decent enough with HFN 271 and specific weight 75.7.
- Good disease scores so far for mildew, yellow rust, brown rust and tritici .
- A little later in maturity and RGT Lantern is resistant to orange wheat blossom midge.
- Well worth a try in the second wheat slot.
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.