|Breeder: Limagrain||Printable PDF|
|Type: Group 4, Feed||Pedigree: (Hereford x Viscount) x Cassius|
- A high output soft feed wheat with very high untreated yields that can be attributed to its excellent Septoria tritici resistance. It has also performed very well in official trials in the West. Rated medium for distilling but not suitable for export. The only watch-outs are a relatively low specific weight and Hagberg Falling Number.
- Suitable for all areas except Scotland until further testing is complete. It is suitable for all soil types including light land and it is best drilled in the main drilling window through to the late drilling slot. It has reasonable second wheat performance and early indications show that it is very competitive against black-grass.
- It has a medium tillering capacity and produces moderately tall straw. Agrii’s dedicated lodging trials suggests that it is weaker (5) than its official rating so it is important to avoid overly fertile situations and ensure a robust PGR programme is used. Later to mature (+4) than its official rating.
- LG Sundance has the highest Septoria tritici resistance rating on the Recommended List although Agrii results suggest that it is slightly weaker in practice (6.8). It has excellent yellow rust resistance and acts as a good diversification partner for other varieties on farm. It has average brown rust resistance (4.6) and a weakness on eyespot (2.7).
- It is resistant to Orange Wheat Blossom Midge.
Data source: www.cereals.ahdb.org.uk/
Agrii’s ratings =()