|Breeder: Limagrain||Breeder PDF|
|Type: Group 4, Feed and Distilling||Pedigree: Scribe x Horatio|
- LG Spotlight made the Recommended List in 2020 with very good yields and Spotlight high grain quality.
- Suitable for all regions of the UK and early indications suggest that it is suitable for Scotland and other areas of high sterility risk.
- Disease scores are currently decent for mildew, yellow rust, brown rust and tritici but the yellow rust rating is likely to fall further this season. Fairly tall straw with average straw strength, so a decent pgr programme is recommended.
- LG Spotlight performs better as a first wheat relative to its second wheat yield, so keep to this rotational slot to get the best out of it.
- Super grain quality with HFN 288 and specific weight 77.9 and rated medium for distilling.
- Medium maturity score +1 and resistant to orange wheat blossom midge.
- Intriguingly, Spotlight whilst 2% lower yielding than Skyscraper, it has a better all-round agronomic package so really should not be ignored!
LG Spotlight | Group 4 Winter Wheat
Filmed at Throws Farm, Essex – June 2021
Filmed at Carnoustie, Angus – June 2021
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.