|Breeder: KWS||Breeder PDF|
|Type: Group 3, Biscuit and Export||Pedigree: Cougar x KWS Rowan|
- Highest yielding group 3 and decent enough grain quality with HFN 245 and specific weight 75.8, KWS Firefly is good for biscuits but not distilling and provisionally uks.
- Straw stiff untreated and a high untreated yield for now, but its disease ratings with mildew, yellow rust, brown rust and tritici are beginning to slip and certainly the yellow rust score will dip further this season.
- KWS Firefly has decent yields across soil types, but better as a first wheat in a rotation.
- Relatively fast speed of development and can be drilled in the main drilling window through to the end of February. Unsuitable for drilling before 15th September.
- With a maturity score +1 and resistant to orange wheat blossom midge, this variety still has good potential going forward but will need a decent fungicide programme to get the best out of it.
For more detailed Agrii data and the latest disease scores speak to your local seed specialist or Agrii agronomist.