|Breeder: Sejet, UK Agent : Senova||Download pdf|
|Type: Malting (in test) and Feed||Pedigree: (KWS Irina x Evergreen) x (Sanette x Paustian)|
- Cosmopolitan is a high yielding malting barley which has provisional MBC approval for brewing and remains under test with the maltsters. Likely to be sown as a feed variety this spring until it gains the support of the end users.
- Consistent performance in all UK regions (105% East, 105% West and 106% North) with high untreated yields (97%), average grain quality (66.2 kg/hl) and low screening losses in AHDB trials.
- Short straw (70 cm) with good lodging resistance (7), average brackling resistance (6) and medium-early maturity. Early indications suggest that it produces intermediate straw yields.
- Excellent disease resistance, particularly to the important diseases Rhynchosporium (6) and mildew (9) but weaker than some other varieties against brown rust (4). Moderately susceptible to net blotch in Agrii’s trials.
- Further information from the breeder can be found here
The data presented here is a partial abstraction from the AHDB Recommended List. The complete data set is available on the AHDB website here