|Breeder: KWS||Printable PDF|
|Type: Group 2, White wheat||Pedigree: W175 x Horizon|
- A white wheat that can be grown on contract for a number of end-users in the Eastern
counties. Good yields and outstanding physical grain quality. A true winter wheat with
early maturity and therefore more likely to harvested in better conditions that later
maturing spring wheat types.
- Suitable only for the Eastern counties but can be grown across all soil types. A fast
developing plant-type that is suitable for the main drilling window or later drilling. It is still
under test at Stow Longa to evaluate its competitiveness against black-grass. It has stiff
straw and is relatively early to mature.
- Good disease ratings for the Mildew and Rusts but Agrii’s rating for Septoria tritici is lower
(4) than its official rating. It has a good Hagberg Falling Number but, as all white wheat
varieties are prone to sprouting, it requires priority at harvest.
- It is not resistant to Orange Wheat Blossom Midge.
Data source: UK National List and Agrii’s National Trials Network