Establishing crops for 2013
Alistair King, Regional Fertiliser Manager
As we start to consider establishing crops for harvest in 2013 we draw your attention to our nutrition check list. The fundamentals in maintaining soil reserves remain the same.
- Check soil pH aiming for 6.5 in an arable situation and 6.0 in grass
- Soil sample and assess P, K and Mg levels
- Consider your fertiliser requirements for 2013
- Follow the market and put in place a purchasing strategy
- Create a nutrition plan based on cropping and organic matter inputs
- Make sure you include Sulphur as part of the programme
- Lime bulk delivered and spread/granular lime
- UK or imported Nitrogens and Ureas
- Conventional PK and nitrogen/sulphur systems
- NPK plus S Spring applied
- Liquid options
- Cropkare (Ash poultry litter) as a PK alternative
Consider your fertiliser requirements for next year, to accommodate factors such as storage, cash flow and delivery.
For a market update please speak to your agronomist or Alistair King 07880 787473.
←Back Table of Contents